Are you considering a degree in criminal justice?
This site is intended to connect you with a few of the finest criminal justice training programs around the country.
The Alabama colleges discussed in this site provide customized coursework, certifications, associates or bachelor degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re likely aware, the demand for schooled men and women in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private protection career fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement personnel and other professionals are wanted at almost all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I break into this line of work?
There are different ways you can get prepared for your first position. Many local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job positions are a real possibility with a certification of completion or two-year diploma.
Likely the most recommended route, however, could be to complete a four-year university diploma which should supply you with the diploma you need to not just secure your first job, but also supplies you with the qualifications to one day get promoted in the organization as time goes on. Having said that, individuals who aspire to an advanced position within demanding government agencies such as the CIA, Secret Service, ATF or FBI could ultimately benefit from completing a graduate degree.
What kind of jobs are available?
You will discover a broad range of occupational opportunities at the local or national level. Basic employment classifications include crime investigators, private detectives, homeland security and customs officials, insurance investigators, judicial clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Most academic coursework will merge specialty training courses with general learning classes. Conventional specialty lessons will be in subjects including criminal conduct, criminology strategies, criminal investigations, judicial systems, parole and probation, correction facility procedures, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Type your zip code in our criminal justice education program research tool. See these good options:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal
National Louis University is one of the oldest and most progressive universities in Chicago. We offer more than 60 undergraduate and graduate degree programs through two colleges: the National College of Education and the College of Professional Studies and Advancement. Best known as a 'teacher of teachers," we are also one of the most diverse universities in the Midwest, helping students of all ages and backgrounds achieve their personal and professional goals.
- B.A. in Criminal Justice: Criminal Justice Administration
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Criminal Justice (MS)
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Criminal Justice
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security