Are you considering a degree in criminal justice?
This site is intended to connect you with a few of the finest criminal justice training programs around the country.
The Alabama colleges discussed in this site provide customized coursework, certifications, associates or bachelor degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re likely aware, the demand for schooled men and women in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private protection career fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement personnel and other professionals are wanted at almost all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I break into this line of work?
There are different ways you can get prepared for your first position. Many local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job positions are a real possibility with a certification of completion or two-year diploma.
Likely the most recommended route, however, could be to complete a four-year university diploma which should supply you with the diploma you need to not just secure your first job, but also supplies you with the qualifications to one day get promoted in the organization as time goes on. Having said that, individuals who aspire to an advanced position within demanding government agencies such as the CIA, Secret Service, ATF or FBI could ultimately benefit from completing a graduate degree.
What kind of jobs are available?
You will discover a broad range of occupational opportunities at the local or national level. Basic employment classifications include crime investigators, private detectives, homeland security and customs officials, insurance investigators, judicial clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Most academic coursework will merge specialty training courses with general learning classes. Conventional specialty lessons will be in subjects including criminal conduct, criminology strategies, criminal investigations, judicial systems, parole and probation, correction facility procedures, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Type your zip code in our criminal justice education program research tool. See these good options:
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...