Are you considering a degree in criminal justice?
This site is intended to connect you with a few of the finest criminal justice training programs around the country.
The Alabama colleges discussed in this site provide customized coursework, certifications, associates or bachelor degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re likely aware, the demand for schooled men and women in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private protection career fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement personnel and other professionals are wanted at almost all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I break into this line of work?
There are different ways you can get prepared for your first position. Many local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job positions are a real possibility with a certification of completion or two-year diploma.
Likely the most recommended route, however, could be to complete a four-year university diploma which should supply you with the diploma you need to not just secure your first job, but also supplies you with the qualifications to one day get promoted in the organization as time goes on. Having said that, individuals who aspire to an advanced position within demanding government agencies such as the CIA, Secret Service, ATF or FBI could ultimately benefit from completing a graduate degree.
What kind of jobs are available?
You will discover a broad range of occupational opportunities at the local or national level. Basic employment classifications include crime investigators, private detectives, homeland security and customs officials, insurance investigators, judicial clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Most academic coursework will merge specialty training courses with general learning classes. Conventional specialty lessons will be in subjects including criminal conduct, criminology strategies, criminal investigations, judicial systems, parole and probation, correction facility procedures, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Type your zip code in our criminal justice education program research tool. See these good options:
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte College!
- Business Administration
- Allied Health Management
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Veterinary Technician
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Surgical Technology
- Criminal Justice
- IT Support Specialist
- Cyber Security
Miller-Motte College has eleven convenient locations so you can get the training to start or advance your career. We’re located in:
- Augusta, GA
- Charleston, SC
- Chattanooga, TN
- Columbus, GA
- Conway, SC
- Fayetteville, NC
- Jacksonville, NC
- Macon, GA
- Raleigh, NC
- Wilmington, NC
- Criminal Justice