Would a career in criminal justice be something that interests you?
This site is built to link you to a couple of the leading criminal justice training courses around the country.
The California schools described on this site deliver specific training, certifications, associate’s or bachelor’s diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or another legal or justice area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s need for qualified men and women in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private security fields is significantly growing. Law enforcement officers and other agents are required at almost all levels — federal, state and local levels.
How do I enter into this career field?
There are quite a few ways you can train for your initial job. A number of state judicial, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job opportunities are a real possibility with a program certificate of achievement or two-year or under degree.
The most suggested route, however, could be to acquire a four-year college degree which might supply you with the education you need to not just earn your initial job, but also give you the qualifications to maybe move up within the organization as time goes on. Having said that, people who aspire to an advanced position in very competitive national agencies such as the CIA, FBI, Secret Service or ATF might ultimately benefit by getting a Master’s diploma.
What sort of positions are available?
You can find a substantial assortment of career options at the national level. Normal occupation categories include police investigators, private detectives, homeland security specialists, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections authorities, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I have classes in?
Just about all career training programs will combine specific curriculum with general education courses. Routine professional coursework will be in topics such as criminal conduct, criminology techniques, crime investigations, American legal systems, parole and probation, corrections practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile law, community safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Place your zip code into our education program search tool. Here are some good choices:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies