Would a career in criminal justice be something that interests you?
This site is built to link you to a couple of the leading criminal justice training courses around the country.
The California schools described on this site deliver specific training, certifications, associate’s or bachelor’s diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or another legal or justice area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s need for qualified men and women in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private security fields is significantly growing. Law enforcement officers and other agents are required at almost all levels — federal, state and local levels.
How do I enter into this career field?
There are quite a few ways you can train for your initial job. A number of state judicial, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job opportunities are a real possibility with a program certificate of achievement or two-year or under degree.
The most suggested route, however, could be to acquire a four-year college degree which might supply you with the education you need to not just earn your initial job, but also give you the qualifications to maybe move up within the organization as time goes on. Having said that, people who aspire to an advanced position in very competitive national agencies such as the CIA, FBI, Secret Service or ATF might ultimately benefit by getting a Master’s diploma.
What sort of positions are available?
You can find a substantial assortment of career options at the national level. Normal occupation categories include police investigators, private detectives, homeland security specialists, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections authorities, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I have classes in?
Just about all career training programs will combine specific curriculum with general education courses. Routine professional coursework will be in topics such as criminal conduct, criminology techniques, crime investigations, American legal systems, parole and probation, corrections practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile law, community safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Place your zip code into our education program search tool. Here are some good choices:
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Criminal Justice (11-Month Diploma Program)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Paralegal Diploma
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice