Have you been considering starting a career in criminal justice?
Our website is designed to connect you to a couple of the leading criminal justice diploma programs around the country.
The Delaware colleges listed in this site supply customized coursework, certifications, associate or bachelor diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or an area of criminology.
As you’re most likely aware, the need for qualified people in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private protection fields is dramatically increasing. Law enforcement personnel and various agents are needed at several levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get into this line of work?
There are a variety of ways you can get trained for your initial position. Many local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative service staff positions are attainable with a certificate of completion or two-year diploma.
The most suggested approach, however, could be to attain a bachelor’s diploma which might provide you with the education you need to not just earn your very first professional position, but also supplies you with the credentials to later move up in the organization in the future. Having said that, individuals that aspire to a high level position at demanding federal government agencies such as the ATF, Secret Service, CIA or FBI may ultimately benefit by working towards a graduate degree.
What kind of positions are attainable?
You will find a big variety of career alternatives at the national level. Typical occupation descriptions include criminal investigators, private investigators, border and customs agents, corporate insurance investigators, judicial clerks, corrections authorities, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and Federal Marshals.
What will I have classes in?
A lot of academic courses will blend specialty training with general learning classes. Conventional specialized class work will be in subject areas including human tendencies, criminology systems, crime investigations, American court systems, parole and probation, correction facility practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile law, public safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Type your zip code in our training program search tool. Here is our short list:
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services