Have you often thought about getting started in criminal justice?
Our website is made to connect you with a couple of the best criminal justice training programs around the country.
The Florida institutions outlined on this website provide professional coursework, certifications, associate’s or bachelor’s diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or another legal or justice area.
As you’re probably aware, the need for competent individuals in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private protection fields is dramatically growing. Law enforcement personnel and other officials are needed at almost all levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I get started in this profession?
There are several ways to get trained for your first job. A good number of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff jobs are a real possibility with a certificate of achievement or two-year or under diploma.
The recommended course of action, however, would be to acquire a four-year diploma which might supply you with the degree you need to not just attain your first job, but also provide you with the qualifications to possibly get promoted in the organization as time goes on. That being said, folks who aspire to a high level position in demanding government agencies such as the ATF, Secret Service, CIA or FBI may eventually benefit by getting a graduate diploma.
Which kind of job opportunities are attainable?
You will discover a considerable variety of vocational options at the state or local level. Basic employment categories include police detectives, private detectives, customs officials, corporate insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections authorities, crime scene specialists, local sheriff office deputies, police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What topics will I be studying?
Many academic programs will bundle specific training with general education classes. Conventional specialized sessions will be in subjects such as criminal behavior, criminology strategies, criminal investigations, American court systems, probation, correction facility practices, constitutional and criminal law, juvenile law, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Place your zip code into our training program search tool. Here are today’s choices:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security