Have you often thought about getting started in criminal justice?
Our website is made to connect you with a couple of the best criminal justice training programs around the country.
The Florida institutions outlined on this website provide professional coursework, certifications, associate’s or bachelor’s diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or another legal or justice area.
As you’re probably aware, the need for competent individuals in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private protection fields is dramatically growing. Law enforcement personnel and other officials are needed at almost all levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I get started in this profession?
There are several ways to get trained for your first job. A good number of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff jobs are a real possibility with a certificate of achievement or two-year or under diploma.
The recommended course of action, however, would be to acquire a four-year diploma which might supply you with the degree you need to not just attain your first job, but also provide you with the qualifications to possibly get promoted in the organization as time goes on. That being said, folks who aspire to a high level position in demanding government agencies such as the ATF, Secret Service, CIA or FBI may eventually benefit by getting a graduate diploma.
Which kind of job opportunities are attainable?
You will discover a considerable variety of vocational options at the state or local level. Basic employment categories include police detectives, private detectives, customs officials, corporate insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections authorities, crime scene specialists, local sheriff office deputies, police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What topics will I be studying?
Many academic programs will bundle specific training with general education classes. Conventional specialized sessions will be in subjects such as criminal behavior, criminology strategies, criminal investigations, American court systems, probation, correction facility practices, constitutional and criminal law, juvenile law, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Place your zip code into our training program search tool. Here are today’s choices:
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- Certificate: Paralegal (Legal Studies)
- B.S. in Legal Studies
- And more...
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Florida National University offers a variety of programs that range from Accounting, Business, Computers, Criminal Justice, Dental Technology, Education, Psychology, Nursing, Health Administration, Medical Technology, Legal/Paralegal, Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapist-Assistant, Radiology and Ultrasound. All programs aim to prepare the students for personal and professional success as well as to become productive members of our society.
- Criminial Justice, AA