Thinking about going into criminal justice?
This website is designed to link you with a couple of the best criminal justice degree courses around the nation.
The Hawaii colleges brought up on this website deliver professional training, certificates, associates or bachelor diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re likely aware, the demand for competent people in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private protection career fields is dramatically rising. Law enforcement officers and various officials are needed at several levels — local, state and federal level.
How do I break into this career field?
There are a few ways you can get prepared for your first job. A large number of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job opportunities are attainable with a program certificate of completion or two-year degree.
Possibly the most encouraged course, however, could be to attain a four-year university diploma which might give you the degree you need to not just acquire your initial professional position, but also provides you with the credentials to later get promoted within the organization as time goes by. Having said that, individuals that aspire to a high level position within very competitive federal agencies such as the ATF, Secret Service, CIA or FBI may one day benefit from completing a graduate diploma.
What kind of job opportunities are attainable?
There is a vast selection of career alternatives at the national or state level. Basic job descriptions include criminal detectives, private detectives, customs and border agents, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene analysts, local sheriff office deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I be studying?
The majority of career training courses will incorporate specialty curriculum with general education sessions. General professional courses will be in subjects including criminal conduct, criminology procedures, criminal investigation, American court systems, parole and probation, corrections practices, basic constitutional law, juvenile law, public safety, and ethics.
What should I do first?
Place your zip code into our criminal justice education program search tool. Schools in this category:
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services