Thinking about majoring somewhere in criminal justice?
Our site is crafted to connect you to a few of the finest criminal justice degree programs around the nation.
The Idaho universities described on our site offer professional training, certifications, associate or bachelor degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or criminology.
As you’re likely aware, the need for competent people in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private protection fields is significantly growing. Law enforcement personnel and various specialists are needed at almost all levels — local, state and federal levels.
How do I get involved with this field?
There are several ways you can train for your first job. Many local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff job positions are obtainable with a certification of completion or two-year degree.
A sensible plan, however, is to earn a four-year diploma which will provide you with the education you need to not just earn your initial professional position, but also provide you with the qualifications to maybe receive promotions within the organization as time goes on. Having said that, folks who aspire to a high level position within competitive government agencies such as the CIA, Secret Service, ATF or FBI could ultimately benefit from earning a graduate diploma.
Which kind of job positions are available?
You will discover a big array of vocational choices at the state or local level. Normal job groupings include criminal detectives, private investigators, homeland security and customs agents, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, prison officers, crime scene specialists, local sheriff office deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I be studying?
A lot of academic courswork will merge professional training with general education classes. Routine professional sessions will be in subject areas such as human conduct, criminology strategies, crime investigation, court systems, parole and probation, corrections practices, basic constitutional law, juvenile justice, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go first?
Place your zip code in our criminal justice education program research tool. Schools to take a look at:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Have a Fascination with Crime or a Passion for Justice? Get Educated in the Criminal Justice Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Criminal Justice & Criminalistics, Forensic Science, Law Enforcement Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!