Thinking about majoring somewhere in criminal justice?
Our site is crafted to connect you to a few of the finest criminal justice degree programs around the nation.
The Idaho universities described on our site offer professional training, certifications, associate or bachelor degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or criminology.
As you’re likely aware, the need for competent people in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private protection fields is significantly growing. Law enforcement personnel and various specialists are needed at almost all levels — local, state and federal levels.
How do I get involved with this field?
There are several ways you can train for your first job. Many local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff job positions are obtainable with a certification of completion or two-year degree.
A sensible plan, however, is to earn a four-year diploma which will provide you with the education you need to not just earn your initial professional position, but also provide you with the qualifications to maybe receive promotions within the organization as time goes on. Having said that, folks who aspire to a high level position within competitive government agencies such as the CIA, Secret Service, ATF or FBI could ultimately benefit from earning a graduate diploma.
Which kind of job positions are available?
You will discover a big array of vocational choices at the state or local level. Normal job groupings include criminal detectives, private investigators, homeland security and customs agents, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, prison officers, crime scene specialists, local sheriff office deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I be studying?
A lot of academic courswork will merge professional training with general education classes. Routine professional sessions will be in subject areas such as human conduct, criminology strategies, crime investigation, court systems, parole and probation, corrections practices, basic constitutional law, juvenile justice, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go first?
Place your zip code in our criminal justice education program research tool. Schools to take a look at:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Regent University is one of the nation’s leading academic centers for Christian thought and action.
Founded in 1978, Regent University’s 11,000 students are studying on its 70-acre campus in Virginia Beach, Va., and online around the world. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from a Christian perspective in more than 135 program areas including business, communication and the arts, cybersecurity and technology, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing and healthcare, and psychology. Regent University has consistently placed as one of the top colleges in the state of Virginia and, currently, Regent University tops the list of Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia and is ranked among top national universities by U.S. News & World Report. Along with our commitment to academic excellence, what sets Regent apart is our mission to prepare men and women to excel both in mind and spirit. Our students, faculty and administrators share a calling, founded on biblical principles, to make a significant difference in our world.
- M.A. in Law
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice