So, you’re thinking about majoring in criminal justice?
This site is crafted to link you with some of the best criminal justice degree courses in the state.
The Iowa schools brought up on our site offer specialized coursework, certificates, associate or bachelors degrees in criminal or criminology.
As you’re likely aware, the demand for well-trained men and women in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private security career fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement personnel and professionals are needed at all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved in this line of work?
A suggested approach, however, would be to attain a bachelor’s degree which will provide you with the degree you need to not only secure your very first professional position, but also provide you with the credentials to one day move up within the organization as time goes on. With that being said, people who aspire to advanced positions at demanding federal agencies such as the FBI, CIA, ATF or Secret Service may one day benefit by working towards a graduate degree.
What type of jobs are likely?
You can find a vast array of career opportunities at the local, national or state level. Common career descriptions include crime detectives, private investigators, border and customs agents, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison authorities, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Many academic curriculum will bundle professional curriculum with general education courses. Routine specialized training will be in topics such as criminal tendencies, criminology techniques, criminal investigation, legal systems, parole and probation, correction facility practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Put your zip code into our criminal justice degree program lookup tool. Local or online choices:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security