So, you’re thinking about majoring in criminal justice?
This site is crafted to link you with some of the best criminal justice degree courses in the state.
The Iowa schools brought up on our site offer specialized coursework, certificates, associate or bachelors degrees in criminal or criminology.
As you’re likely aware, the demand for well-trained men and women in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private security career fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement personnel and professionals are needed at all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved in this line of work?
A suggested approach, however, would be to attain a bachelor’s degree which will provide you with the degree you need to not only secure your very first professional position, but also provide you with the credentials to one day move up within the organization as time goes on. With that being said, people who aspire to advanced positions at demanding federal agencies such as the FBI, CIA, ATF or Secret Service may one day benefit by working towards a graduate degree.
What type of jobs are likely?
You can find a vast array of career opportunities at the local, national or state level. Common career descriptions include crime detectives, private investigators, border and customs agents, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison authorities, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Many academic curriculum will bundle professional curriculum with general education courses. Routine specialized training will be in topics such as criminal tendencies, criminology techniques, criminal investigation, legal systems, parole and probation, correction facility practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Put your zip code into our criminal justice degree program lookup tool. Local or online choices:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security