So, you’re thinking about majoring in criminal justice?
This site is crafted to link you with some of the best criminal justice degree courses in the state.
The Iowa schools brought up on our site offer specialized coursework, certificates, associate or bachelors degrees in criminal or criminology.
As you’re likely aware, the demand for well-trained men and women in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private security career fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement personnel and professionals are needed at all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved in this line of work?
A suggested approach, however, would be to attain a bachelor’s degree which will provide you with the degree you need to not only secure your very first professional position, but also provide you with the credentials to one day move up within the organization as time goes on. With that being said, people who aspire to advanced positions at demanding federal agencies such as the FBI, CIA, ATF or Secret Service may one day benefit by working towards a graduate degree.
What type of jobs are likely?
You can find a vast array of career opportunities at the local, national or state level. Common career descriptions include crime detectives, private investigators, border and customs agents, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison authorities, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Many academic curriculum will bundle professional curriculum with general education courses. Routine specialized training will be in topics such as criminal tendencies, criminology techniques, criminal investigation, legal systems, parole and probation, correction facility practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Put your zip code into our criminal justice degree program lookup tool. Local or online choices:
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- Certificate: Paralegal (Legal Studies)
- B.S. in Legal Studies
- And more...
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services