So, you’re thinking about majoring in criminal justice?
This site is crafted to link you with some of the best criminal justice degree courses in the state.
The Iowa schools brought up on our site offer specialized coursework, certificates, associate or bachelors degrees in criminal or criminology.
As you’re likely aware, the demand for well-trained men and women in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private security career fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement personnel and professionals are needed at all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved in this line of work?
A suggested approach, however, would be to attain a bachelor’s degree which will provide you with the degree you need to not only secure your very first professional position, but also provide you with the credentials to one day move up within the organization as time goes on. With that being said, people who aspire to advanced positions at demanding federal agencies such as the FBI, CIA, ATF or Secret Service may one day benefit by working towards a graduate degree.
What type of jobs are likely?
You can find a vast array of career opportunities at the local, national or state level. Common career descriptions include crime detectives, private investigators, border and customs agents, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison authorities, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Many academic curriculum will bundle professional curriculum with general education courses. Routine specialized training will be in topics such as criminal tendencies, criminology techniques, criminal investigation, legal systems, parole and probation, correction facility practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Put your zip code into our criminal justice degree program lookup tool. Local or online choices:
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!