So, you’re thinking about majoring in criminal justice?
This site is crafted to link you with some of the best criminal justice degree courses in the state.
The Iowa schools brought up on our site offer specialized coursework, certificates, associate or bachelors degrees in criminal or criminology.
As you’re likely aware, the demand for well-trained men and women in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private security career fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement personnel and professionals are needed at all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved in this line of work?
A suggested approach, however, would be to attain a bachelor’s degree which will provide you with the degree you need to not only secure your very first professional position, but also provide you with the credentials to one day move up within the organization as time goes on. With that being said, people who aspire to advanced positions at demanding federal agencies such as the FBI, CIA, ATF or Secret Service may one day benefit by working towards a graduate degree.
What type of jobs are likely?
You can find a vast array of career opportunities at the local, national or state level. Common career descriptions include crime detectives, private investigators, border and customs agents, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison authorities, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Many academic curriculum will bundle professional curriculum with general education courses. Routine specialized training will be in topics such as criminal tendencies, criminology techniques, criminal investigation, legal systems, parole and probation, correction facility practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Put your zip code into our criminal justice degree program lookup tool. Local or online choices:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice