Are you thinking about starting a career in criminal justice?
This site is built to link you to a few of the most affordable criminal justice degree courses around the country.
The Kentucky institutions listed in this site present professional coursework, certifications, associate’s or bachelor’s degrees in criminal or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s need for educated individuals in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private protection career fields is dramatically growing. Law enforcement officers and specialists are needed at just about all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I get into this career field?
There are several ways you can get trained for your initial job. A lot of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff jobs are obtainable with a certification of completion or two-year or under degree.
The encouraged path, however, would be to earn a four-year university degree which will supply you with the education you need to not just attain your very first job, but also give you the credentials to one day move up within the organization as time goes by. With that being said, individuals who aspire to a high level position within demanding government agencies such as the Secret Service, FBI, ATF or CIA may ultimately benefit by getting a Master’s diploma.
Which kind of job positions are attainable?
You will discover a wide span of vocational possibilities at the state or local level. Popular occupation areas include police investigators, private investigators, homeland security and customs agents, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison authorities, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, US Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I study?
A lot of academic programs will blend specific training with general education sessions. General professional coursework will be in topics including criminal behavior, criminology strategies, crime investigation, judicial systems, probation and parole, correction facility practices, criminal law, public policy, juvenile law, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Place your zip code in our criminal justice education program research tool. Take a look at some choices:
- Passionate about law and the justice system? Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Criminal Justice online from Grand Canyon University.
- GCU's Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Master of Science in Criminal Justice are designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn your criminal justice degree.
- If you are interested in growing your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning, consider earning a degree in criminal justice.
- Grand Canyon University prepares learners to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders by providing an academically challenging curriculum.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- Criminal Justice, Associate Degree
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Criminal Justice and Law Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements and Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!