Are you thinking about starting a career in criminal justice?
This site is built to link you to a few of the most affordable criminal justice degree courses around the country.
The Kentucky institutions listed in this site present professional coursework, certifications, associate’s or bachelor’s degrees in criminal or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s need for educated individuals in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private protection career fields is dramatically growing. Law enforcement officers and specialists are needed at just about all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I get into this career field?
There are several ways you can get trained for your initial job. A lot of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff jobs are obtainable with a certification of completion or two-year or under degree.
The encouraged path, however, would be to earn a four-year university degree which will supply you with the education you need to not just attain your very first job, but also give you the credentials to one day move up within the organization as time goes by. With that being said, individuals who aspire to a high level position within demanding government agencies such as the Secret Service, FBI, ATF or CIA may ultimately benefit by getting a Master’s diploma.
Which kind of job positions are attainable?
You will discover a wide span of vocational possibilities at the state or local level. Popular occupation areas include police investigators, private investigators, homeland security and customs agents, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison authorities, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, US Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I study?
A lot of academic programs will blend specific training with general education sessions. General professional coursework will be in topics including criminal behavior, criminology strategies, crime investigation, judicial systems, probation and parole, correction facility practices, criminal law, public policy, juvenile law, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Place your zip code in our criminal justice education program research tool. Take a look at some choices:
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- Certificate: Paralegal (Legal Studies)
- B.S. in Legal Studies
- And more...
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
The path to a brighter future isn’t always clear. We face roadblocks and detours. Sometimes, we make a wrong turn and get lost. No matter where you are in your journey, Baker College can help you move forward to a rewarding career.
At Baker College, we know the importance of a quality education. We are regionally accredited with award-winning faculty. We will be there every step of the way so you can get where you’re going.
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement Academy (Police)
Sullivan University is Kentucky's largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you're a high school student considering college for the first time, an adult returning to school or someone seeking professional development, you'll be surprised at the variety and range of alternatives Sullivan University offers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Paralegal Studies
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Associate of Science in Paralegal Studies