Are you thinking about starting a career in criminal justice?
This site is built to link you to a few of the most affordable criminal justice degree courses around the country.
The Kentucky institutions listed in this site present professional coursework, certifications, associate’s or bachelor’s degrees in criminal or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s need for educated individuals in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private protection career fields is dramatically growing. Law enforcement officers and specialists are needed at just about all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I get into this career field?
There are several ways you can get trained for your initial job. A lot of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff jobs are obtainable with a certification of completion or two-year or under degree.
The encouraged path, however, would be to earn a four-year university degree which will supply you with the education you need to not just attain your very first job, but also give you the credentials to one day move up within the organization as time goes by. With that being said, individuals who aspire to a high level position within demanding government agencies such as the Secret Service, FBI, ATF or CIA may ultimately benefit by getting a Master’s diploma.
Which kind of job positions are attainable?
You will discover a wide span of vocational possibilities at the state or local level. Popular occupation areas include police investigators, private investigators, homeland security and customs agents, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison authorities, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, US Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I study?
A lot of academic programs will blend specific training with general education sessions. General professional coursework will be in topics including criminal behavior, criminology strategies, crime investigation, judicial systems, probation and parole, correction facility practices, criminal law, public policy, juvenile law, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Place your zip code in our criminal justice education program research tool. Take a look at some choices:
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...