Being a criminal justice professional isn’t right for everyone, but it might be perfect for you.
Our website is engineered to link you with a couple of the leading criminal justice training courses around the country.
The Louisiana colleges listed in this site supply specialized coursework, certificates, associate’s or bachelor degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re probably aware, today’s demand for competent men and women in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private protection fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement officers and various professionals are needed at several levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I get into this profession?
There are a variety of ways you can train for your first job. A great number of local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff job positions are obtainable with a certificate of completion or two-year or under diploma.
Most likely the most sensible direction, however, could be to acquire a four-year college diploma which will provide you with the education you need to not only earn your first job, but also supplies you with the qualifications to possibly receive promotions in the organization as time goes by. Having said that, individuals that aspire to advanced positions within demanding federal agencies such as the Secret Service, CIA, FBI or ATF might one day benefit by getting a Master’s degree.
Which kind of job opportunities are available?
There is a broad range of vocational alternatives at the local or national level. Popular job descriptions include crime investigators, private detectives, customs agents, insurance investigators, court clerks, prison officers, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and Federal Marshals.
What will I have classes in?
The vast majority of training curriculum will bring together specialized curriculum with general learning courses. Prevalent specialty classes will be in topics such as human behavior, criminology systems, crime investigations, legal systems, probation, correction facility practices, criminal law, public policy, juvenile justice, public safety, and ethics.
What should I do next?
Place your zip code in our degree program search tool. Check out some options:
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services