Being a criminal justice professional isn’t right for everyone, but it might be perfect for you.
Our website is engineered to link you with a couple of the leading criminal justice training courses around the country.
The Louisiana colleges listed in this site supply specialized coursework, certificates, associate’s or bachelor degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re probably aware, today’s demand for competent men and women in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private protection fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement officers and various professionals are needed at several levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I get into this profession?
There are a variety of ways you can train for your first job. A great number of local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff job positions are obtainable with a certificate of completion or two-year or under diploma.
Most likely the most sensible direction, however, could be to acquire a four-year college diploma which will provide you with the education you need to not only earn your first job, but also supplies you with the qualifications to possibly receive promotions in the organization as time goes by. Having said that, individuals that aspire to advanced positions within demanding federal agencies such as the Secret Service, CIA, FBI or ATF might one day benefit by getting a Master’s degree.
Which kind of job opportunities are available?
There is a broad range of vocational alternatives at the local or national level. Popular job descriptions include crime investigators, private detectives, customs agents, insurance investigators, court clerks, prison officers, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and Federal Marshals.
What will I have classes in?
The vast majority of training curriculum will bring together specialized curriculum with general learning courses. Prevalent specialty classes will be in topics such as human behavior, criminology systems, crime investigations, legal systems, probation, correction facility practices, criminal law, public policy, juvenile justice, public safety, and ethics.
What should I do next?
Place your zip code in our degree program search tool. Check out some options:
- Passionate about law and the justice system? Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Criminal Justice online from Grand Canyon University.
- GCU's Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Master of Science in Criminal Justice are designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn your criminal justice degree.
- If you are interested in growing your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning, consider earning a degree in criminal justice.
- Grand Canyon University prepares learners to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders by providing an academically challenging curriculum.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AS in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice
- AS in Paralegal
- Massage Therapy
- Business Administration
- Electronic Health Records
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Assisting/Medical Clinical Assistant
- Surgical Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Commercial & Industrial Maintenance Technician
- IT Support Specialist
- Cyber Security
- Criminal Justice - Associate in Specialized Business
- Paralegal - Associate of Occupational Studies
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security