Being a criminal justice professional can be a good career, but is it right for you?
Our site is intended to connect you to a couple of the most affordable criminal justice degree programs in the country.
The Maine institutions talked about in this site present specific training, certifications, associates or bachelors degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or an area of criminology.
As you’re most likely aware, the need for prepared people in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private security fields is greatly rising. Law enforcement personnel and similar agents are wanted at all levels — federal, state and local levels.
How do I break into this profession?
There are many different ways to train for your first job. Lots of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job positions are possible with a certification of achievement or two-year diploma.
Likely the most sensible route, however, would be to acquire a four-year diploma which may provide you with the degree you need to not just acquire your initial position, but also supply you with the credentials to one day move up within the organization as time goes by. That being said, individuals who aspire to an advanced position within very competitive federal agencies such as the ATF, Secret Service, CIA or FBI could one day benefit from completing a graduate diploma.
What type of positions are likely?
You will discover a broad selection of job choices at the national or local level. Basic career descriptions include crime detectives, private investigators, border and customs specialists, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, corrections authorities, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and Federal Marshals.
What topics will I be studying?
Just about all academic courses will incorporate specialized curriculum with general learning courses. Conventional specialty courses will be in subject areas such as criminal conduct, criminology methods, crime investigations, American court systems, parole and probation, correction facility procedures, constitutional and criminal law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Type your zip code into our diploma program research tool. Check out some popular choices:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!