Could you see yourself working as a criminal justice professional?
Our site is structured to connect you with a few of the best criminal justice training courses in the nation.
The Maryland universities listed in this site supply specific training, certifications, associate’s or bachelors degrees in criminal or another legal or justice area.
As you’re likely aware, today’s need for prepared individuals in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private security career fields is dramatically increasing. Law enforcement personnel and other professionals are required at all levels — local, state and federal levels.
How do I get started in this line of work?
There are several ways to get trained for your first job. Many state judicial, law enforcement, and administrative service staff jobs are achievable with a certificate of completion or two-year or under degree.
A suggested course, however, could be to earn a four-year college diploma which can supply you with the education you need to not only acquire your first position, but also provide you with the qualifications to one day get promoted in the organization in the future. Having said that, people who aspire to higher level positions in demanding federal agencies such as the CIA, Secret Service, ATF or FBI might eventually benefit from earning a Master’s diploma.
What type of job opportunities are available?
There’s a considerable span of vocational choices at the local or national level. Basic job classifications include police detectives, private investigators, customs and border officials, insurance investigators, judicial clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What topics will I study?
The majority of educational curriculum will bundle specialized curriculum with general learning sessions. Usual specialty classes will be in topics including human tendencies, criminology procedures, criminal investigation, legal systems, probation, correction facility practices, criminal law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Put your zip code in our education program lookup tool. Schools in Maryland or online:
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services