Do you think you would match well with a career as a criminal justice professional?
Our website is crafted to link you to the top criminal justice training programs in the country.
The Massachusetts schools listed on this site offer professional training, certifications, associate’s or bachelor’s degrees in criminal or another legal or justice area.
As you’re likely aware, the need for trained people in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private security fields is greatly increasing. Law enforcement officers and other officials are required at almost all levels — local, state and federal level.
How do I get into this career path?
There are a number of ways you can get prepared for your first position. Plenty of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job positions are a real possibility with a certification of completion or associate’s degree.
The sensible plan, however, would be to earn a bachelor’s diploma which might give you the education you need to not just receive your initial position, but also provide you with the qualifications to later receive promotions in the organization as time goes on. Having said that, individuals that aspire to advanced positions within competitive government agencies such as the CIA, ATF, FBI or Secret Service could one day benefit from getting a Master’s degree.
What type of jobs are available?
You will discover a vast range of vocational options at the national or local level. Popular job categories include crime investigators, private investigators, customs and homeland security agents, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison officers, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, US Marshals and Secret Service.
What topics will I study?
Many career training programs will incorporate specialized training courses with general education classes. Typical specialty sessions will be in subjects such as human behavior, criminology systems, criminal investigations, judicial systems, probation and parole, correction facility practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile law, public safety, victimology and ethics.
What should I do first?
Place your zip code in our education program research tool. Options for Massachusetts students:
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
At Keiser University, you will find a warm, friendly community with faculty and staff truly committed to your success. Our small class sizes, individualized attention, and one-class-at-a-time schedules create a positive learning environment where you can excel. Whether your goal is to prepare for a new career or to advance with your current employer, Keiser University is designed around your needs.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy