Do you think a criminal justice career would be a good fit for you?
Our website is created to connect you to some of the best criminal justice training courses around the state.
The Michigan institutions noted on this site offer specialty coursework, certificates, associate’s or bachelors degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or another legal or justice area.
As you’re likely aware, today’s demand for well-trained people in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private protection career fields is dramatically growing. Law enforcement personnel and agents are wanted at almost all levels — federal, state and local levels.
How do I get into this particular field?
There are a variety of ways to get prepared for your initial job. A number of state judicial, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff jobs are attainable with a certificate of completion or associate’s diploma.
A recommended course of action, however, could be to attain a four-year university degree which may provide you with the education you need to not just obtain your first position, but also supply you with the qualifications to maybe receive promotions within the organization as time goes on. That being said, people who aspire to an advanced position within elite government agencies such as the CIA, ATF, FBI or Secret Service may eventually benefit by getting a graduate degree.
What kind of job positions are available?
There is a wide selection of job options at the national or state level. Common occupation categories include criminal investigators, private detectives, homeland security officials, insurance investigators, court clerks, prison authorities, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and Federal Marshals.
What will I study?
Many educational curriculum will bundle specialized training with general learning courses. Conventional specialized courses will be in subjects including human behavior, criminology techniques, criminal investigation, legal systems, probation, correction facility procedures, basic constitutional law, juvenile law, community safety, and ethics.
What should I do next?
Put your zip code in our diploma program lookup tool. Here is our current list:
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services