Do you think a criminal justice career would be a good fit for you?
Our website is created to connect you to some of the best criminal justice training courses around the state.
The Michigan institutions noted on this site offer specialty coursework, certificates, associate’s or bachelors degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or another legal or justice area.
As you’re likely aware, today’s demand for well-trained people in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private protection career fields is dramatically growing. Law enforcement personnel and agents are wanted at almost all levels — federal, state and local levels.
How do I get into this particular field?
There are a variety of ways to get prepared for your initial job. A number of state judicial, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff jobs are attainable with a certificate of completion or associate’s diploma.
A recommended course of action, however, could be to attain a four-year university degree which may provide you with the education you need to not just obtain your first position, but also supply you with the qualifications to maybe receive promotions within the organization as time goes on. That being said, people who aspire to an advanced position within elite government agencies such as the CIA, ATF, FBI or Secret Service may eventually benefit by getting a graduate degree.
What kind of job positions are available?
There is a wide selection of job options at the national or state level. Common occupation categories include criminal investigators, private detectives, homeland security officials, insurance investigators, court clerks, prison authorities, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and Federal Marshals.
What will I study?
Many educational curriculum will bundle specialized training with general learning courses. Conventional specialized courses will be in subjects including human behavior, criminology techniques, criminal investigation, legal systems, probation, correction facility procedures, basic constitutional law, juvenile law, community safety, and ethics.
What should I do next?
Put your zip code in our diploma program lookup tool. Here is our current list:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Criminal Justice and Law Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements and Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!