A career in criminal justice can be interesting and rewarding.
Our website is developed to link you with the most affordable criminal justice diploma courses in the country.
The Minnesota institutions brought up in this site provide specialized coursework, certifications, associates or bachelor’s degrees in criminal or another legal or justice area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s demand for qualified individuals in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private security fields is significantly rising. Law enforcement officers and various specialists are required at just about all levels — local, state and federal level.
How do I enter into this career path?
There are more than a few ways you can prepare for your starting job. A large number of local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff jobs are attainable with a certificate of achievement or two-year diploma.
Most likely the most recommended plan, however, could be to acquire a four-year university diploma which may supply you with the degree you need to not only attain your very first job, but also provide the credentials to one day move up within the organization as time goes by. With that being said, people who aspire to higher level positions in competitive national agencies such as the CIA, FBI, Secret Service or ATF may ultimately benefit by working towards a Master’s degree.
What type of job positions are likely?
There’s a big spectrum of occupational opportunities at the national, state or local level. Normal occupation descriptions include criminal investigators, private investigators, customs specialists, insurance investigators, judicial clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene analysts, local sheriff office deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I be studying?
The majority of educational programs will bring together specialty training with general learning classes. Conventional specialized curriculum will be in subjects such as human behavior, criminology procedures, crime investigation, court systems, probation, correction facility procedures, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
What should I do first?
Place your zip code into our criminal justice education program search tool. Choices to consider:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Laws - American Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Criminal Justice B.S.
- Criminal Justice A.A.S.
- Paralegal Studies B.S.
- And more...