A career in criminal justice can be interesting and rewarding.
Our website is developed to link you with the most affordable criminal justice diploma courses in the country.
The Minnesota institutions brought up in this site provide specialized coursework, certifications, associates or bachelor’s degrees in criminal or another legal or justice area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s demand for qualified individuals in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private security fields is significantly rising. Law enforcement officers and various specialists are required at just about all levels — local, state and federal level.
How do I enter into this career path?
There are more than a few ways you can prepare for your starting job. A large number of local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff jobs are attainable with a certificate of achievement or two-year diploma.
Most likely the most recommended plan, however, could be to acquire a four-year university diploma which may supply you with the degree you need to not only attain your very first job, but also provide the credentials to one day move up within the organization as time goes by. With that being said, people who aspire to higher level positions in competitive national agencies such as the CIA, FBI, Secret Service or ATF may ultimately benefit by working towards a Master’s degree.
What type of job positions are likely?
There’s a big spectrum of occupational opportunities at the national, state or local level. Normal occupation descriptions include criminal investigators, private investigators, customs specialists, insurance investigators, judicial clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene analysts, local sheriff office deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I be studying?
The majority of educational programs will bring together specialty training with general learning classes. Conventional specialized curriculum will be in subjects such as human behavior, criminology procedures, crime investigation, court systems, probation, correction facility procedures, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
What should I do first?
Place your zip code into our criminal justice education program search tool. Choices to consider:
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- Certificate: Paralegal (Legal Studies)
- B.S. in Legal Studies
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security