Are you interested in a new career as a criminal justice professional?
This site is designed to link you to some of the top criminal justice degree programs around the country.
The Missouri schools mentioned on our site supply specialty coursework, certifications, associates or bachelors diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s demand for well-trained people in law enforcement, corrections, judicial, and private security fields is dramatically increasing. Law enforcement officers and similar agents are wanted at several levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved with this career path?
There are a couple of ways you can get trained for your initial job. A large number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff job positions are obtainable with a program certificate of completion or two-year or under diploma.
Likely the most recommended direction, however, is to acquire a four-year university degree which will give you the diploma you need to not just attain your first position, but also provides you with the credentials to possibly get promoted in the organization in the future. Having said that, folks who aspire to a high level position at competitive federal agencies such as the CIA, FBI, Secret Service or ATF may one day benefit by getting a graduate diploma.
What type of job opportunities are available?
There is a considerable range of vocational alternatives at the state or local level. Common job areas include crime detectives, private investigators, border and customs officials, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and Federal Marshals.
What will I be studying?
A lot of MO career training courses will mix specialized curriculum with general education sessions. Typical specialized training will be in topics including criminal conduct, criminology techniques, criminal investigations, court systems, parole and probation, correction facility practices, constitutional and criminal law, juvenile law, community safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Type your zip code into our degree program search tool. Look through these schools:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security