Are you interested in a new career as a criminal justice professional?
This site is designed to link you to some of the top criminal justice degree programs around the country.
The Missouri schools mentioned on our site supply specialty coursework, certifications, associates or bachelors diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s demand for well-trained people in law enforcement, corrections, judicial, and private security fields is dramatically increasing. Law enforcement officers and similar agents are wanted at several levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved with this career path?
There are a couple of ways you can get trained for your initial job. A large number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff job positions are obtainable with a program certificate of completion or two-year or under diploma.
Likely the most recommended direction, however, is to acquire a four-year university degree which will give you the diploma you need to not just attain your first position, but also provides you with the credentials to possibly get promoted in the organization in the future. Having said that, folks who aspire to a high level position at competitive federal agencies such as the CIA, FBI, Secret Service or ATF may one day benefit by getting a graduate diploma.
What type of job opportunities are available?
There is a considerable range of vocational alternatives at the state or local level. Common job areas include crime detectives, private investigators, border and customs officials, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and Federal Marshals.
What will I be studying?
A lot of MO career training courses will mix specialized curriculum with general education sessions. Typical specialized training will be in topics including criminal conduct, criminology techniques, criminal investigations, court systems, parole and probation, correction facility practices, constitutional and criminal law, juvenile law, community safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Type your zip code into our degree program search tool. Look through these schools:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice