Are you interested in a new career as a criminal justice professional?
This site is designed to link you to some of the top criminal justice degree programs around the country.
The Missouri schools mentioned on our site supply specialty coursework, certifications, associates or bachelors diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s demand for well-trained people in law enforcement, corrections, judicial, and private security fields is dramatically increasing. Law enforcement officers and similar agents are wanted at several levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved with this career path?
There are a couple of ways you can get trained for your initial job. A large number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff job positions are obtainable with a program certificate of completion or two-year or under diploma.
Likely the most recommended direction, however, is to acquire a four-year university degree which will give you the diploma you need to not just attain your first position, but also provides you with the credentials to possibly get promoted in the organization in the future. Having said that, folks who aspire to a high level position at competitive federal agencies such as the CIA, FBI, Secret Service or ATF may one day benefit by getting a graduate diploma.
What type of job opportunities are available?
There is a considerable range of vocational alternatives at the state or local level. Common job areas include crime detectives, private investigators, border and customs officials, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and Federal Marshals.
What will I be studying?
A lot of MO career training courses will mix specialized curriculum with general education sessions. Typical specialized training will be in topics including criminal conduct, criminology techniques, criminal investigations, court systems, parole and probation, correction facility practices, constitutional and criminal law, juvenile law, community safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Type your zip code into our degree program search tool. Look through these schools:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).