A career in criminal justice is attainable if you are interested in it.
This site is intended to link you with a couple of the finest criminal justice degree courses in the state.
The Montana colleges mentioned on our site present specialized coursework, certifications, associates or bachelor’s diplomas in criminal or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re likely aware, today’s demand for certified men and women in law enforcement, corrections, judicial, and private security career fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement personnel and professionals are required at just about all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved in this profession?
There are a couple of ways to get prepared for your starting position. A good number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative service staff job positions are attainable with a program certificate of completion or two-year degree.
Possibly the most recommended course, however, is to attain a bachelor’s diploma which might supply you with the degree you need to not only earn your first position, but also supply you with the credentials to later move up within the organization as time goes on. That being said, people who aspire to higher level positions in demanding federal agencies such as the FBI, CIA, ATF or Secret Service might eventually benefit by working towards a graduate degree.
Which kind of job opportunities are likely?
You will discover a diverse array of career possibilities at the local, Montana state or national level. Typical employment areas include criminal investigators, private investigators, customs officials, insurance investigators, judicial clerks, corrections officers, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I have classes in?
The vast majority of MT academic programs will blend specific training courses with general education classes. Common specialty training will be in topics such as criminal conduct, criminology procedures, crime investigations, American legal systems, probation and parole, correction facility practices, constitutional and criminal law, juvenile law, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Put your zip code into our criminal justice education program research tool. Look at these choices:
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.