A career in criminal justice is attainable if you are interested in it.
This site is intended to link you with a couple of the finest criminal justice degree courses in the state.
The Montana colleges mentioned on our site present specialized coursework, certifications, associates or bachelor’s diplomas in criminal or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re likely aware, today’s demand for certified men and women in law enforcement, corrections, judicial, and private security career fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement personnel and professionals are required at just about all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved in this profession?
There are a couple of ways to get prepared for your starting position. A good number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative service staff job positions are attainable with a program certificate of completion or two-year degree.
Possibly the most recommended course, however, is to attain a bachelor’s diploma which might supply you with the degree you need to not only earn your first position, but also supply you with the credentials to later move up within the organization as time goes on. That being said, people who aspire to higher level positions in demanding federal agencies such as the FBI, CIA, ATF or Secret Service might eventually benefit by working towards a graduate degree.
Which kind of job opportunities are likely?
You will discover a diverse array of career possibilities at the local, Montana state or national level. Typical employment areas include criminal investigators, private investigators, customs officials, insurance investigators, judicial clerks, corrections officers, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I have classes in?
The vast majority of MT academic programs will blend specific training courses with general education classes. Common specialty training will be in topics such as criminal conduct, criminology procedures, crime investigations, American legal systems, probation and parole, correction facility practices, constitutional and criminal law, juvenile law, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Put your zip code into our criminal justice education program research tool. Look at these choices:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!