A career in criminal justice is attainable if you are interested in it.
This site is intended to link you with a couple of the finest criminal justice degree courses in the state.
The Montana colleges mentioned on our site present specialized coursework, certifications, associates or bachelor’s diplomas in criminal or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re likely aware, today’s demand for certified men and women in law enforcement, corrections, judicial, and private security career fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement personnel and professionals are required at just about all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved in this profession?
There are a couple of ways to get prepared for your starting position. A good number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative service staff job positions are attainable with a program certificate of completion or two-year degree.
Possibly the most recommended course, however, is to attain a bachelor’s diploma which might supply you with the degree you need to not only earn your first position, but also supply you with the credentials to later move up within the organization as time goes on. That being said, people who aspire to higher level positions in demanding federal agencies such as the FBI, CIA, ATF or Secret Service might eventually benefit by working towards a graduate degree.
Which kind of job opportunities are likely?
You will discover a diverse array of career possibilities at the local, Montana state or national level. Typical employment areas include criminal investigators, private investigators, customs officials, insurance investigators, judicial clerks, corrections officers, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I have classes in?
The vast majority of MT academic programs will blend specific training courses with general education classes. Common specialty training will be in topics such as criminal conduct, criminology procedures, crime investigations, American legal systems, probation and parole, correction facility practices, constitutional and criminal law, juvenile law, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Put your zip code into our criminal justice education program research tool. Look at these choices:
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!