Do you have an interest in becoming a criminal justice professional?
This website is crafted to link you with a couple of the top criminal justice diploma courses in the country.
The Nebraska universities brought up in this site provide specific training, certificates, associates or bachelor diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or an area of criminology.
As you’re probably aware, today’s demand for well-trained people in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private protection career fields is significantly growing. Law enforcement personnel and other professionals are needed at almost all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I get involved in this line of work?
There are a couple of ways to prepare for your starting position. Lots of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff positions are possible with a certificate of achievement or associate’s degree.
Likely the most sensible plan, however, is to complete a four-year diploma which may give you the degree you need to not just acquire your initial position, but also supplies you with the qualifications to one day receive promotions in the organization in the future. That being said, people who aspire to higher level positions at very competitive federal government agencies such as the Secret Service, CIA, FBI or ATF could ultimately benefit by earning a graduate diploma.
What type of job positions are attainable?
There is a broad variety of career possibilities at the local or national level. Typical employment classifications include crime detectives, private investigators, homeland security and customs officials, corporate insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene analysts, local sheriff office deputies, police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I study?
Most career training programs will bundle specialized training with general education courses. Typical professional classes will be in subjects including criminal conduct, criminology methods, crime investigations, court systems, parole and probation, correction facility procedures, basic constitutional law, juvenile law, community safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Put your zip code into our degree program lookup tool. Glance through these programs:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...