Do you have an interest in becoming a criminal justice professional?
This website is crafted to link you with a couple of the top criminal justice diploma courses in the country.
The Nebraska universities brought up in this site provide specific training, certificates, associates or bachelor diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or an area of criminology.
As you’re probably aware, today’s demand for well-trained people in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private protection career fields is significantly growing. Law enforcement personnel and other professionals are needed at almost all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I get involved in this line of work?
There are a couple of ways to prepare for your starting position. Lots of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff positions are possible with a certificate of achievement or associate’s degree.
Likely the most sensible plan, however, is to complete a four-year diploma which may give you the degree you need to not just acquire your initial position, but also supplies you with the qualifications to one day receive promotions in the organization in the future. That being said, people who aspire to higher level positions at very competitive federal government agencies such as the Secret Service, CIA, FBI or ATF could ultimately benefit by earning a graduate diploma.
What type of job positions are attainable?
There is a broad variety of career possibilities at the local or national level. Typical employment classifications include crime detectives, private investigators, homeland security and customs officials, corporate insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene analysts, local sheriff office deputies, police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I study?
Most career training programs will bundle specialized training with general education courses. Typical professional classes will be in subjects including criminal conduct, criminology methods, crime investigations, court systems, parole and probation, correction facility procedures, basic constitutional law, juvenile law, community safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Put your zip code into our degree program lookup tool. Glance through these programs:
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- Certificate: Paralegal (Legal Studies)
- B.S. in Legal Studies
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services