A degree in criminal justice can prepare an individual for an exciting career.
This website is crafted to link you with some of the top criminal justice training programs around the state.
The New Mexico colleges described on this website deliver specialized coursework, certificates, associate or bachelor degrees in criminal or criminology.
As you’re most likely aware, the demand for properly trained people in law enforcement, corrections, judicial, and private security fields is significantly increasing. Law enforcement officers and other officials are wanted at all levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I enter into this particular field?
There are quite a few ways to get trained for your first position. Plenty of local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff positions are attainable with a certificate of completion or two-year degree.
A encouraged approach, however, is to acquire a four-year university degree which can supply you with the diploma you need to not only earn your very first professional position, but also provide the qualifications to maybe get promoted within the organization in the future. With that being said, people who aspire to advanced positions within demanding national agencies such as the ATF, CIA, Secret Service or FBI may one day benefit from working towards a Master’s diploma.
What sort of job positions are attainable?
You will discover a diverse variety of career options at the national level. Basic employment groupings include crime detectives, private investigators, customs and homeland security agents, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, prison authorities, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I study?
The vast majority of educational curriculum will mix specific curriculum with general education classes. Usual specialized training will be in topics such as criminal conduct, criminology strategies, crime investigation, court systems, probation and parole, corrections practices, constitutional and criminal law, public policy, juvenile law, community safety, victimology and ethics.
What should I do now?
Place your zip code in our criminal justice training program lookup tool. Schools you could consider:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!