A degree in criminal justice can prepare an individual for an exciting career.
This website is crafted to link you with some of the top criminal justice training programs around the state.
The New Mexico colleges described on this website deliver specialized coursework, certificates, associate or bachelor degrees in criminal or criminology.
As you’re most likely aware, the demand for properly trained people in law enforcement, corrections, judicial, and private security fields is significantly increasing. Law enforcement officers and other officials are wanted at all levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I enter into this particular field?
There are quite a few ways to get trained for your first position. Plenty of local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff positions are attainable with a certificate of completion or two-year degree.
A encouraged approach, however, is to acquire a four-year university degree which can supply you with the diploma you need to not only earn your very first professional position, but also provide the qualifications to maybe get promoted within the organization in the future. With that being said, people who aspire to advanced positions within demanding national agencies such as the ATF, CIA, Secret Service or FBI may one day benefit from working towards a Master’s diploma.
What sort of job positions are attainable?
You will discover a diverse variety of career options at the national level. Basic employment groupings include crime detectives, private investigators, customs and homeland security agents, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, prison authorities, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I study?
The vast majority of educational curriculum will mix specific curriculum with general education classes. Usual specialized training will be in topics such as criminal conduct, criminology strategies, crime investigation, court systems, probation and parole, corrections practices, constitutional and criminal law, public policy, juvenile law, community safety, victimology and ethics.
What should I do now?
Place your zip code in our criminal justice training program lookup tool. Schools you could consider:
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
- Enhance your skills and prepare for a rewarding career in criminal justice. Apply to Grand Canyon University!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Become a legal expert and preserve a healthy community surrounded by safety, security and justice.
- Build legal-related skills in crime analysis, strategic planning and law enforcement to meet community demands.
- Help professionals in law enforcement address issues in public policy, social research and justice administration.
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Have a Fascination with Crime or a Passion for Justice? Get Educated in the Criminal Justice Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Criminal Justice & Criminalistics, Forensic Science, Law Enforcement Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.