A criminal justice professional’s job can be a combination of interesting but challenging elements.
Our website is structured to link you to the top criminal justice degree programs in the state.
The New York colleges listed in this site supply specialty coursework, certifications, associate’s or bachelors degrees in criminal or criminology.
As you’re probably aware, the need for prepared individuals in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private protection career fields is greatly increasing. Law enforcement personnel and officials are wanted at just about all levels — local, state and federal levels.
How do I get involved with this profession?
There are different ways you can train for your starting position. A lot of local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff positions are attainable with a certification of achievement or associate’s degree.
The suggested approach, however, could be to earn a four-year university diploma which may give you the degree you need to not just secure your first job, but also supplies you with the credentials to maybe receive promotions within the organization as time goes on. With that being said, folks who aspire to advanced positions in very competitive federal agencies such as the ATF, CIA, Secret Service or FBI could ultimately benefit by working towards a graduate diploma.
What type of job opportunities are likely?
There’s a broad array of career options at the national, state or local level. Basic occupation descriptions include criminal investigators, private detectives, customs and homeland security specialists, insurance investigators, legal clerks, corrections authorities, crime scene specialists, local sheriff office deputies, police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What topics will I be studying?
The vast majority of career training courses will bring together specialized training courses with general education sessions. Frequent professional sessions will be in topics such as human tendencies, criminology procedures, crime investigations, American court systems, parole and probation, corrections procedures, criminal law, public policy, juvenile law, community safety, victimology and ethics.
What should I do next?
Place your zip code into our training program search tool. Take a look at these schools:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice