Does a career in criminal justice interest you?
This website is developed to connect you to a couple of the most affordable criminal justice degree programs around the state.
The North Carolina institutions described on this website offer specialized coursework, certifications, associate’s or bachelors diplomas in criminal or an area of criminology.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s demand for well-trained people in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private security fields is significantly increasing. Law enforcement officers and professionals are required at almost all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved in this particular field?
There are lots of ways you can get trained for your first job. Plenty of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative service staff job opportunities are achievable with a certificate of achievement or two-year or under diploma.
Possibly the most sensible course of action, however, would be to complete a four-year university diploma which can supply you with the training you need to not only secure your initial position, but also provide the credentials to maybe move up in the organization as time goes by. Having said that, folks who aspire to an advanced position in demanding federal agencies such as the CIA, Secret Service, ATF or FBI might eventually benefit from completing a Master’s diploma.
What kind of job positions are available?
There’s a substantial range of career opportunities at the national or state level. Popular occupation categories include police detectives, private investigators, homeland security and customs officials, corporate insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections authorities, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I study?
Just about all educational curriculum will bundle specific training courses with general learning courses. Typical specialty coursework will be in topics including human conduct, criminology systems, crime investigations, judicial systems, probation and parole, corrections procedures, criminal law, public policy, juvenile law, public safety, victimology and ethics.
What should I do first?
Type your zip code into our education program research tool. Take a look at these options:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Passionate about law and the justice system? Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Criminal Justice online from Grand Canyon University.
- GCU's Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Master of Science in Criminal Justice are designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn your criminal justice degree.
- If you are interested in growing your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning, consider earning a degree in criminal justice.
- Grand Canyon University prepares learners to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders by providing an academically challenging curriculum.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security