Does a career in criminal justice interest you?
This website is developed to connect you to a couple of the most affordable criminal justice degree programs around the state.
The North Carolina institutions described on this website offer specialized coursework, certifications, associate’s or bachelors diplomas in criminal or an area of criminology.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s demand for well-trained people in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private security fields is significantly increasing. Law enforcement officers and professionals are required at almost all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved in this particular field?
There are lots of ways you can get trained for your first job. Plenty of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative service staff job opportunities are achievable with a certificate of achievement or two-year or under diploma.
Possibly the most sensible course of action, however, would be to complete a four-year university diploma which can supply you with the training you need to not only secure your initial position, but also provide the credentials to maybe move up in the organization as time goes by. Having said that, folks who aspire to an advanced position in demanding federal agencies such as the CIA, Secret Service, ATF or FBI might eventually benefit from completing a Master’s diploma.
What kind of job positions are available?
There’s a substantial range of career opportunities at the national or state level. Popular occupation categories include police detectives, private investigators, homeland security and customs officials, corporate insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections authorities, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I study?
Just about all educational curriculum will bundle specific training courses with general learning courses. Typical specialty coursework will be in topics including human conduct, criminology systems, crime investigations, judicial systems, probation and parole, corrections procedures, criminal law, public policy, juvenile law, public safety, victimology and ethics.
What should I do first?
Type your zip code into our education program research tool. Take a look at these options:
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte College!
- Business Administration
- Allied Health Management
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Veterinary Technician
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Surgical Technology
- Criminal Justice
- IT Support Specialist
- Cyber Security
Miller-Motte College has eleven convenient locations so you can get the training to start or advance your career. We’re located in:
- Augusta, GA
- Charleston, SC
- Chattanooga, TN
- Columbus, GA
- Conway, SC
- Fayetteville, NC
- Jacksonville, NC
- Macon, GA
- Raleigh, NC
- Wilmington, NC
- Criminal Justice
As the world is adjusting to new realities, we are prepared to help you work towards a successful future in a manner that is safer for you and the community at large. Here's how:
- We offer in-demand, career-focused education delivered through your local campus using live, interactive synchronous online delivery. There's also the flexibility to transition to an in-seat class environment once the current situation is resolved.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's