Does working as a criminal justice professional sound good to you?
This site is made to connect you with some of the finest criminal justice degree courses in the state.
The North Dakota institutions brought up on this site deliver specialized training, certifications, associates or bachelor degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or criminology.
As you’re likely aware, today’s need for prepared men and women in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private security fields is dramatically rising. Law enforcement officers and various officials are wanted at different levels — federal, state and local levels.
How do I get involved with this career field?
There are a variety of ways to prepare for your starting position. A lot of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff jobs are achievable with a certification of achievement or associate’s diploma.
Likely the most preferred route, however, would be to earn a bachelor’s diploma which will supply you with the training you need to not just acquire your initial position, but also supply you with the credentials to one day receive promotions in the organization as time goes on. With that being said, individuals that aspire to advanced positions within demanding federal agencies such as the ATF, Secret Service, CIA or FBI could ultimately benefit from earning a Master’s degree.
Which kind of jobs are attainable?
You will find a substantial selection of career alternatives at the national, state or local level. Common career groupings include crime detectives, private investigators, homeland security agents, insurance investigators, legal clerks, corrections officers, crime scene analysts, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I study?
A lot of academic coursework will mix specialized curriculum with general education sessions. General specialty lessons will be in subject areas including human behavior, criminology methods, crime investigations, judicial systems, parole and probation, correction facility practices, constitutional and criminal law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
What should I do now?
Type your zip code into our training program research tool. Take a look through these choices:
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services