Has the criminal justice career field always interested you?
This website is designed to connect you to a few of the most affordable criminal justice degree programs in the state.
The Ohio colleges talked about on this site supply specific coursework, certificates, associate’s or bachelors degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or another legal or justice area.
As you’re probably aware, today’s need for skilled individuals in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private protection fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement officers and agents are required at different levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I enter into this profession?
There are different ways to train for your initial job. A number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative service staff job positions are obtainable with a program certificate of completion or two-year or under degree.
A recommended route, however, could be to acquire a four-year college diploma which may supply you with the training you need to not just attain your very first professional position, but also give you the credentials to later receive promotions in the organization in the future. With that being said, individuals who aspire to higher level positions in competitive national agencies such as the CIA, Secret Service, ATF or FBI could ultimately benefit by getting a graduate degree.
Which kind of job opportunities are likely?
You will discover a diverse selection of job options at the national level. Typical employment categories include crime detectives, private detectives, homeland security officials, corporate insurance investigators, court clerks, prison personnel, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, US Marshals and Secret Service.
What topics will I be studying?
Most training curriculum will mix specific curriculum with general learning classes. Usual specialty classes will be in topics such as criminal conduct, criminology systems, criminal investigations, judicial systems, probation, correction facility practices, basic constitutional law, juvenile law, community safety, victimology and ethics.
What should I do next?
Place your zip code into our criminal justice training program lookup tool. These schools offer degree programs:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...