Has the criminal justice career field always interested you?
This website is designed to connect you to a few of the most affordable criminal justice degree programs in the state.
The Ohio colleges talked about on this site supply specific coursework, certificates, associate’s or bachelors degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or another legal or justice area.
As you’re probably aware, today’s need for skilled individuals in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private protection fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement officers and agents are required at different levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I enter into this profession?
There are different ways to train for your initial job. A number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative service staff job positions are obtainable with a program certificate of completion or two-year or under degree.
A recommended route, however, could be to acquire a four-year college diploma which may supply you with the training you need to not just attain your very first professional position, but also give you the credentials to later receive promotions in the organization in the future. With that being said, individuals who aspire to higher level positions in competitive national agencies such as the CIA, Secret Service, ATF or FBI could ultimately benefit by getting a graduate degree.
Which kind of job opportunities are likely?
You will discover a diverse selection of job options at the national level. Typical employment categories include crime detectives, private detectives, homeland security officials, corporate insurance investigators, court clerks, prison personnel, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, US Marshals and Secret Service.
What topics will I be studying?
Most training curriculum will mix specific curriculum with general learning classes. Usual specialty classes will be in topics such as criminal conduct, criminology systems, criminal investigations, judicial systems, probation, correction facility practices, basic constitutional law, juvenile law, community safety, victimology and ethics.
What should I do next?
Place your zip code into our criminal justice training program lookup tool. These schools offer degree programs:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice