Criminal justice can be a great career — is it right for you?
This website is built to link you with a couple of the top criminal justice diploma programs around the state.
The Oregon colleges discussed on this site provide specialty coursework, certifications, associates or bachelor’s diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or criminology.
As you’re probably aware, the need for prepared people in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private protection career fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement personnel and other specialists are required at almost all levels — local, state and federal level.
How do I get started in this career field?
There are a couple of ways you can get trained for your initial position. A large number of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job positions are attainable with a program certificate of achievement or two-year diploma.
The most suggested course of action, however, could be to attain a four-year university diploma which will provide you with the degree you need to not just secure your initial position, but also provides you with the credentials to one day receive promotions within the organization as time goes by. Having said that, individuals who aspire to a high level position in very competitive federal government agencies such as the FBI, ATF, CIA or Secret Service could eventually benefit by getting a graduate degree.
Which kind of job opportunities are likely?
You will find a wide spectrum of vocational options at the state or local level. Common career areas include police investigators, private investigators, customs specialists, insurance investigators, judicial clerks, prison personnel, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What topics will I be studying?
Many career training curriculum will combine specific curriculum with general education courses. Usual professional class work will be in subject areas such as human tendencies, criminology procedures, criminal investigation, American legal systems, probation, corrections procedures, constitutional and criminal law, public policy, juvenile law, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Place your zip code in our criminal justice degree program research tool. Here is a short list:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!