Criminal justice can be a great career — is it right for you?
This website is built to link you with a couple of the top criminal justice diploma programs around the state.
The Oregon colleges discussed on this site provide specialty coursework, certifications, associates or bachelor’s diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or criminology.
As you’re probably aware, the need for prepared people in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private protection career fields is greatly growing. Law enforcement personnel and other specialists are required at almost all levels — local, state and federal level.
How do I get started in this career field?
There are a couple of ways you can get trained for your initial position. A large number of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job positions are attainable with a program certificate of achievement or two-year diploma.
The most suggested course of action, however, could be to attain a four-year university diploma which will provide you with the degree you need to not just secure your initial position, but also provides you with the credentials to one day receive promotions within the organization as time goes by. Having said that, individuals who aspire to a high level position in very competitive federal government agencies such as the FBI, ATF, CIA or Secret Service could eventually benefit by getting a graduate degree.
Which kind of job opportunities are likely?
You will find a wide spectrum of vocational options at the state or local level. Common career areas include police investigators, private investigators, customs specialists, insurance investigators, judicial clerks, prison personnel, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What topics will I be studying?
Many career training curriculum will combine specific curriculum with general education courses. Usual professional class work will be in subject areas such as human tendencies, criminology procedures, criminal investigation, American legal systems, probation, corrections procedures, constitutional and criminal law, public policy, juvenile law, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Place your zip code in our criminal justice degree program research tool. Here is a short list:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Criminal Justice and Law Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements and Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!