Thinking about becoming a criminal justice major?
This website is intended to connect you with a couple of the finest criminal justice training courses around the country.
The Pennsylvania universities outlined in this site supply specific training, certificates, associate’s or bachelor diplomas in criminal or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re likely aware, the demand for trained individuals in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private security fields is dramatically growing. Law enforcement officers and officials are needed at different levels — local, state and federal levels.
How do I get into this career path?
There are quite a few ways to train for your initial job. Lots of local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job opportunities are attainable with a program certificate of completion or two-year or under diploma.
Likely the most preferred route, however, is to complete a four-year diploma which should provide you with the diploma you need to not just acquire your very first job, but also provides you with the qualifications to possibly get promoted within the organization in the future. With that being said, folks who aspire to advanced positions at very competitive government agencies such as the FBI, ATF, CIA or Secret Service may ultimately benefit by working towards a graduate diploma.
What kind of positions are available?
You can find a wide selection of job opportunities at the state or local level. Typical occupation groupings include police investigators, private investigators, homeland security and customs officials, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I have classes in?
The vast majority of career training courses will combine professional curriculum with general education courses. Usual specialty classes will be in subjects including criminal tendencies, criminology methods, criminal investigation, judicial systems, parole and probation, corrections procedures, constitutional and criminal law, public policy, juvenile law, public safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Type your zip code in our criminal justice degree program research tool. We have built a list of schools:
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Criminal Justice & First Response - Associate
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Criminal Justice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...