Thinking about becoming a criminal justice major?
This website is intended to connect you with a couple of the finest criminal justice training courses around the country.
The Pennsylvania universities outlined in this site supply specific training, certificates, associate’s or bachelor diplomas in criminal or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re likely aware, the demand for trained individuals in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private security fields is dramatically growing. Law enforcement officers and officials are needed at different levels — local, state and federal levels.
How do I get into this career path?
There are quite a few ways to train for your initial job. Lots of local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job opportunities are attainable with a program certificate of completion or two-year or under diploma.
Likely the most preferred route, however, is to complete a four-year diploma which should provide you with the diploma you need to not just acquire your very first job, but also provides you with the qualifications to possibly get promoted within the organization in the future. With that being said, folks who aspire to advanced positions at very competitive government agencies such as the FBI, ATF, CIA or Secret Service may ultimately benefit by working towards a graduate diploma.
What kind of positions are available?
You can find a wide selection of job opportunities at the state or local level. Typical occupation groupings include police investigators, private investigators, homeland security and customs officials, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, corrections personnel, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I have classes in?
The vast majority of career training courses will combine professional curriculum with general education courses. Usual specialty classes will be in subjects including criminal tendencies, criminology methods, criminal investigation, judicial systems, parole and probation, corrections procedures, constitutional and criminal law, public policy, juvenile law, public safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Type your zip code in our criminal justice degree program research tool. We have built a list of schools:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Criminal Justice - Associate in Specialized Business
- Paralegal - Associate in Specialized Business
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Criminal Justice - Associate in Specialized Business
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!