Thinking about going to school for a criminal justice degree?
Our website is engineered to link you with some of the top criminal justice diploma courses around the nation.
The Rhode Island schools referred to on this site present specialty training, certifications, associate’s or bachelor’s diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re most likely aware, the need for well trained people in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private protection fields is significantly rising. Law enforcement officers and various agents are needed at just about all levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I get into this industry?
There are quite a few ways you can prepare for your initial position. A good number of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff positions are possible with a certification of achievement or two-year degree.
Most likely the most suggested course, however, is to complete a bachelor’s diploma which will supply you with the diploma you need to not just secure your initial position, but also provide you with the credentials to maybe get promoted within the organization as time goes on. With that being said, individuals that aspire to an advanced position at very competitive federal government agencies such as the Secret Service, ATF, CIA or FBI might one day benefit from completing a Master’s degree.
What type of job positions are likely?
There’s a diverse range of vocational possibilities at the national or local level. Normal job classifications include crime detectives, private investigators, homeland security and customs specialists, corporate insurance investigators, judicial clerks, prison personnel, crime scene analysts, sheriff’s deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I study?
Most career training programs will bring together specialty training with general education classes. Conventional professional lessons will be in subjects including human conduct, criminology systems, criminal investigation, American judicial systems, parole and probation, correction facility procedures, criminal law, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
What should I do next?
Place your zip code in our criminal justice diploma program search tool. Start with this list:
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...