Is a career in criminal justice right for you?
Our website is engineered to connect you to a couple of the top criminal justice training courses in the country.
The South Carolina universities described on this site present specialty coursework, certificates, associates or bachelors diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or another legal or justice area.
As you’re likely aware, today’s demand for competent men and women in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private security fields is dramatically rising. Law enforcement personnel and agents are wanted at almost all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I get involved with this industry?
There are many different ways you can get trained for your first job. A good number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative service staff job positions are achievable with a program certificate of achievement or associate’s diploma.
The suggested direction, however, would be to earn a four-year college diploma which can provide you with the diploma you need to not just earn your first position, but also provides you with the credentials to possibly move up in the organization as time goes by. Having said that, individuals who aspire to advanced positions within very competitive federal agencies such as the Secret Service, CIA, FBI or ATF could eventually benefit by earning a Master’s diploma.
What type of jobs are likely?
You can find a wide selection of career choices at the national level. Basic employment groupings include crime detectives, private investigators, homeland security specialists, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison personnel, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and Federal Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Many academic curriculum will bring together specialized training with general education sessions. Typical specialty courses will be in subject areas such as criminal tendencies, criminology procedures, criminal investigation, court systems, parole and probation, corrections procedures, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
What should I do now?
Put your zip code into our criminal justice education program search tool. You can begin with this list:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
As the world is adjusting to new realities, we are prepared to help you work towards a successful future in a manner that is safer for you and the community at large. Here's how:
- We offer in-demand, career-focused education delivered through your local campus using live, interactive synchronous online delivery. There's also the flexibility to transition to an in-seat class environment once the current situation is resolved.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice