Is a career in criminal justice right for you?
Our website is engineered to connect you to a couple of the top criminal justice training courses in the country.
The South Carolina universities described on this site present specialty coursework, certificates, associates or bachelors diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or another legal or justice area.
As you’re likely aware, today’s demand for competent men and women in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private security fields is dramatically rising. Law enforcement personnel and agents are wanted at almost all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I get involved with this industry?
There are many different ways you can get trained for your first job. A good number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative service staff job positions are achievable with a program certificate of achievement or associate’s diploma.
The suggested direction, however, would be to earn a four-year college diploma which can provide you with the diploma you need to not just earn your first position, but also provides you with the credentials to possibly move up in the organization as time goes by. Having said that, individuals who aspire to advanced positions within very competitive federal agencies such as the Secret Service, CIA, FBI or ATF could eventually benefit by earning a Master’s diploma.
What type of jobs are likely?
You can find a wide selection of career choices at the national level. Basic employment groupings include crime detectives, private investigators, homeland security specialists, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison personnel, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and Federal Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Many academic curriculum will bring together specialized training with general education sessions. Typical specialty courses will be in subject areas such as criminal tendencies, criminology procedures, criminal investigation, court systems, parole and probation, corrections procedures, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
What should I do now?
Put your zip code into our criminal justice education program search tool. You can begin with this list:
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte College!
- Business Administration
- Allied Health Management
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Veterinary Technician
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Surgical Technology
- Criminal Justice
- IT Support Specialist
- Cyber Security
Miller-Motte College has eleven convenient locations so you can get the training to start or advance your career. We’re located in:
- Augusta, GA
- Charleston, SC
- Chattanooga, TN
- Columbus, GA
- Conway, SC
- Fayetteville, NC
- Jacksonville, NC
- Macon, GA
- Raleigh, NC
- Wilmington, NC
- Criminal Justice
As the world is adjusting to new realities, we are prepared to help you work towards a successful future in a manner that is safer for you and the community at large. Here's how:
- We offer in-demand, career-focused education delivered through your local campus using live, interactive synchronous online delivery. There's also the flexibility to transition to an in-seat class environment once the current situation is resolved.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's