Is a career in criminal justice right for you?
Our website is engineered to connect you to a couple of the top criminal justice training courses in the country.
The South Carolina universities described on this site present specialty coursework, certificates, associates or bachelors diplomas in law enforcement, criminal justice or another legal or justice area.
As you’re likely aware, today’s demand for competent men and women in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private security fields is dramatically rising. Law enforcement personnel and agents are wanted at almost all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I get involved with this industry?
There are many different ways you can get trained for your first job. A good number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative service staff job positions are achievable with a program certificate of achievement or associate’s diploma.
The suggested direction, however, would be to earn a four-year college diploma which can provide you with the diploma you need to not just earn your first position, but also provides you with the credentials to possibly move up in the organization as time goes by. Having said that, individuals who aspire to advanced positions within very competitive federal agencies such as the Secret Service, CIA, FBI or ATF could eventually benefit by earning a Master’s diploma.
What type of jobs are likely?
You can find a wide selection of career choices at the national level. Basic employment groupings include crime detectives, private investigators, homeland security specialists, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison personnel, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and Federal Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Many academic curriculum will bring together specialized training with general education sessions. Typical specialty courses will be in subject areas such as criminal tendencies, criminology procedures, criminal investigation, court systems, parole and probation, corrections procedures, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
What should I do now?
Put your zip code into our criminal justice education program search tool. You can begin with this list:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte Tech!
- Criminal Justice
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security