Is a career in criminal justice something you are considering?
This site is developed to connect you to the finest criminal justice degree programs in the nation.
The South Dakota universities listed in this site provide specialty training, certificates, associate or bachelors degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or criminology.
As you’re likely aware, today’s demand for qualified people in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private protection career fields is dramatically increasing. Law enforcement officers and professionals are required at just about all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I get started in this line of work?
There are lots of ways to get trained for your starting job. Many state judicial, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff jobs are obtainable with a certification of achievement or two-year degree.
Likely the most suggested route, however, could be to complete a four-year university degree which might supply you with the education you need to not just receive your initial position, but also provide you with the credentials to maybe receive promotions within the organization as time goes on. That being said, individuals that aspire to a high level position in demanding government agencies such as the CIA, Secret Service, FBI or ATF could one day benefit by completing a graduate diploma.
What type of job positions are available?
You can find a substantial array of occupational alternatives at the state or local level. Popular employment areas include criminal detectives, private detectives, border and customs specialists, insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison officers, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, US Marshals and Secret Service.
What topics will I have classes in?
Just about all academic programs will mix specialty training courses with general learning sessions. Typical specialty lessons will be in subjects such as human behavior, criminology systems, crime investigations, legal systems, probation and parole, corrections practices, constitutional and criminal law, public policy, juvenile law, public safety, victimology and ethics.
What should I do now?
Type your zip code in our criminal justice degree program lookup tool. Start your search here:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Criminal Justice and Law Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements and Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!