Is a criminal justice career in your future?
Our site is crafted to connect you with a couple of the most affordable criminal justice training courses in the country.
The Tennessee institutions referred to on this site deliver specific training, certificates, associate’s or bachelor degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or criminology.
As you’re probably aware, the demand for schooled men and women in law enforcement, corrections, legal, and private protection career fields is greatly increasing. Law enforcement officers and other professionals are needed at all levels — local, state and federal level.
How do I get involved in this career path?
There are different ways to prepare for your first position. A large number of local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff job opportunities are possible with a program certificate of achievement or associate’s degree.
Likely the most recommended plan, however, would be to complete a four-year college degree which might provide you with the degree you need to not just secure your initial job, but also provide you with the credentials to possibly get promoted within the organization as time goes on. Having said that, individuals who aspire to a high level position at competitive national agencies such as the FBI, Secret Service, ATF or CIA might one day benefit by completing a Master’s diploma.
Which kind of job opportunities are attainable?
There is a diverse span of job choices at the local, national or state level. Basic job classifications include police detectives, private detectives, customs and homeland security officials, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, prison officers, crime scene specialists, local sheriff office deputies, police and highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and Federal Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Many career training courses will bring together specialty training courses with general learning courses. Routine specialized training will be in subjects such as human conduct, criminology systems, criminal investigations, court systems, probation, corrections practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go first?
Type your zip code in our criminal justice degree program research tool. Begin your research here:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
- Criminal Justice, Associate Degree
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!