So, you’re thinking about becoming a criminal justice major?
Our site is intended to link you with the best criminal justice training courses around the state.
The Texas colleges described on this website deliver customized coursework, certificates, associate or bachelors degrees in criminal or criminology.
As you’re probably aware, the need for educated people in law enforcement, corrections, judicial, and private protection career fields is significantly increasing. Law enforcement personnel and various specialists are required at several levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved with this particular field?
There are a few ways you can prepare for your starting job. A number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff positions are achievable with a program certificate of completion or two-year or under degree.
The encouraged course of action, however, is to complete a bachelor’s diploma which may give you the training you need to not just obtain your first professional position, but also give you the qualifications to one day receive promotions within the organization as time goes on. That being said, individuals that aspire to higher level positions within elite government agencies such as the ATF, Secret Service, CIA or FBI may ultimately benefit by getting a Master’s degree.
What sort of jobs are available?
You will discover a considerable assortment of career possibilities at the national or state level. Typical job descriptions include criminal detectives, private detectives, customs officials, corporate insurance investigators, judicial clerks, prison personnel, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, CIA, US Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I have classes in?
Most career training courswork will incorporate specific curriculum with general education classes. Usual specialty class work will be in subject areas such as criminal behavior, criminology methods, criminal investigations, American judicial systems, parole and probation, correction facility procedures, criminal law, juvenile law, public safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Place your zip code into our criminal justice degree program lookup tool. You could start with these schools:
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Criminal Justice and Law Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements and Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!