So, you’re thinking about going to school for a criminal justice degree?
This site is developed to connect you with a few of the top criminal justice degree courses around the country.
The Utah schools noted on this website supply specialty coursework, certifications, associate or bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or an area of criminology.
As you’re probably aware, today’s demand for educated people in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private security career fields is greatly rising. Law enforcement officers and other officials are required at several levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I enter into this career field?
There are a number of ways to get trained for your initial position. A number of state judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff jobs are achievable with a certificate of achievement or associate’s degree.
Most likely the most encouraged plan, however, is to acquire a four-year degree which will give you the training you need to not only obtain your first job, but also provide you with the qualifications to later receive promotions in the organization in the future. With that being said, folks who aspire to a high level position within demanding national agencies such as the Secret Service, ATF, CIA or FBI could eventually benefit by getting a graduate degree.
What sort of job opportunities are attainable?
You will discover a wide range of vocational opportunities at the national or state level. Normal employment categories include criminal investigators, private investigators, customs and homeland security officials, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, prison authorities, crime scene analysts, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I have classes in?
The vast majority of career training courses will combine professional training with general learning sessions. Usual professional lessons will be in subject areas such as criminal behavior, criminology methods, crime investigations, American judicial systems, probation, correction facility practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
What should I do now?
Put your zip code into our training program search tool. Get started with these schools:
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!