So, you’re thinking about going to school for a criminal justice degree?
This site is developed to connect you with a few of the top criminal justice degree courses around the country.
The Utah schools noted on this website supply specialty coursework, certifications, associate or bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or an area of criminology.
As you’re probably aware, today’s demand for educated people in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private security career fields is greatly rising. Law enforcement officers and other officials are required at several levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I enter into this career field?
There are a number of ways to get trained for your initial position. A number of state judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff jobs are achievable with a certificate of achievement or associate’s degree.
Most likely the most encouraged plan, however, is to acquire a four-year degree which will give you the training you need to not only obtain your first job, but also provide you with the qualifications to later receive promotions in the organization in the future. With that being said, folks who aspire to a high level position within demanding national agencies such as the Secret Service, ATF, CIA or FBI could eventually benefit by getting a graduate degree.
What sort of job opportunities are attainable?
You will discover a wide range of vocational opportunities at the national or state level. Normal employment categories include criminal investigators, private investigators, customs and homeland security officials, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, prison authorities, crime scene analysts, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I have classes in?
The vast majority of career training courses will combine professional training with general learning sessions. Usual professional lessons will be in subject areas such as criminal behavior, criminology methods, crime investigations, American judicial systems, probation, correction facility practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
What should I do now?
Put your zip code into our training program search tool. Get started with these schools:
- Passionate about law and the justice system? Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Criminal Justice online from Grand Canyon University.
- GCU's Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Master of Science in Criminal Justice are designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn your criminal justice degree.
- If you are interested in growing your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning, consider earning a degree in criminal justice.
- Grand Canyon University prepares learners to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders by providing an academically challenging curriculum.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security