So, you’re thinking about going to school for a criminal justice degree?
This site is developed to connect you with a few of the top criminal justice degree courses around the country.
The Utah schools noted on this website supply specialty coursework, certifications, associate or bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement, criminal justice or an area of criminology.
As you’re probably aware, today’s demand for educated people in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private security career fields is greatly rising. Law enforcement officers and other officials are required at several levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I enter into this career field?
There are a number of ways to get trained for your initial position. A number of state judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff jobs are achievable with a certificate of achievement or associate’s degree.
Most likely the most encouraged plan, however, is to acquire a four-year degree which will give you the training you need to not only obtain your first job, but also provide you with the qualifications to later receive promotions in the organization in the future. With that being said, folks who aspire to a high level position within demanding national agencies such as the Secret Service, ATF, CIA or FBI could eventually benefit by getting a graduate degree.
What sort of job opportunities are attainable?
You will discover a wide range of vocational opportunities at the national or state level. Normal employment categories include criminal investigators, private investigators, customs and homeland security officials, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, prison authorities, crime scene analysts, sheriff’s deputies, city police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What topics will I have classes in?
The vast majority of career training courses will combine professional training with general learning sessions. Usual professional lessons will be in subject areas such as criminal behavior, criminology methods, crime investigations, American judicial systems, probation, correction facility practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
What should I do now?
Put your zip code into our training program search tool. Get started with these schools:
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services