Criminal justice is a great career field — but is it right for you?
Our site is engineered to connect you with a few of the top criminal justice diploma courses around the state.
The Vermont universities described on this site offer customized training, certifications, associate or bachelor’s diplomas in criminal or another legal or justice area.
As you’re most likely aware, the need for well-trained individuals in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private security career fields is dramatically increasing. Law enforcement personnel and other specialists are required at almost all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved in this profession?
There are quite a few ways you can get trained for your starting position. Many local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job opportunities are obtainable with a program certificate of completion or two-year or under degree.
The most suggested path, however, is to acquire a four-year degree which will supply you with the education you need to not just obtain your first position, but also supply you with the qualifications to maybe move up within the organization as time goes on. With that being said, folks who aspire to higher level positions in very competitive federal government agencies such as the FBI, CIA, Secret Service or ATF may one day benefit from earning a Master’s degree.
What type of positions are available?
You will discover a substantial span of career opportunities at the national or local level. Popular job classifications include crime investigators, private detectives, border and customs officials, insurance investigators, legal clerks, corrections authorities, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, US Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I have classes in?
Most career training curriculum will bring together specialty curriculum with general learning courses. Prevalent specialty coursework will be in subjects such as criminal tendencies, criminology strategies, crime investigation, American court systems, probation, correction facility practices, criminal law, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Put your zip code in our education program search tool. We have a short list of possible schools:
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!