Criminal justice is a great career field — but is it right for you?
Our site is engineered to connect you with a few of the top criminal justice diploma courses around the state.
The Vermont universities described on this site offer customized training, certifications, associate or bachelor’s diplomas in criminal or another legal or justice area.
As you’re most likely aware, the need for well-trained individuals in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private security career fields is dramatically increasing. Law enforcement personnel and other specialists are required at almost all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get involved in this profession?
There are quite a few ways you can get trained for your starting position. Many local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job opportunities are obtainable with a program certificate of completion or two-year or under degree.
The most suggested path, however, is to acquire a four-year degree which will supply you with the education you need to not just obtain your first position, but also supply you with the qualifications to maybe move up within the organization as time goes on. With that being said, folks who aspire to higher level positions in very competitive federal government agencies such as the FBI, CIA, Secret Service or ATF may one day benefit from earning a Master’s degree.
What type of positions are available?
You will discover a substantial span of career opportunities at the national or local level. Popular job classifications include crime investigators, private detectives, border and customs officials, insurance investigators, legal clerks, corrections authorities, crime scene researchers, local sheriff office deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, US Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I have classes in?
Most career training curriculum will bring together specialty curriculum with general learning courses. Prevalent specialty coursework will be in subjects such as criminal tendencies, criminology strategies, crime investigation, American court systems, probation, correction facility practices, criminal law, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Put your zip code in our education program search tool. We have a short list of possible schools:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!