The criminal justice field can be a terrific career for the right person.
This website is constructed to link you with a couple of the top criminal justice degree courses around the country.
The Virginia colleges referred to on our site offer specialized training, certifications, associate or bachelor degrees in criminal or an area of criminology.
As you’re probably aware, the demand for certified individuals in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private security career fields is dramatically rising. Law enforcement personnel and other specialists are required at almost all levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I get started in this field?
There are quite a few ways you can prepare for your starting position. A number of local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff jobs are a real possibility with a certification of completion or two-year or under degree.
The encouraged course, however, is to complete a four-year university diploma which will supply you with the diploma you need to not just obtain your first position, but also provide you with the qualifications to possibly move up in the organization as time goes on. Having said that, individuals that aspire to an advanced position in demanding national agencies such as the CIA, ATF, FBI or Secret Service may one day benefit by working towards a Master’s diploma.
What sort of jobs are available?
There is a vast spectrum of job alternatives at the local, national or state level. Normal occupation classifications include criminal investigators, private detectives, homeland security and customs specialists, corporate insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, prison authorities, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I have classes in?
Most training coursework will incorporate specific curriculum with general learning classes. Common professional class work will be in subjects such as criminal behavior, criminology strategies, criminal investigation, court systems, parole and probation, corrections procedures, constitutional and criminal law, public policy, juvenile justice, public safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go first?
Place your zip code in our criminal justice degree program search tool. This short list can get you started:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!