The criminal justice field can be a terrific career for the right person.
This website is constructed to link you with a couple of the top criminal justice degree courses around the country.
The Virginia colleges referred to on our site offer specialized training, certifications, associate or bachelor degrees in criminal or an area of criminology.
As you’re probably aware, the demand for certified individuals in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private security career fields is dramatically rising. Law enforcement personnel and other specialists are required at almost all levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I get started in this field?
There are quite a few ways you can prepare for your starting position. A number of local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff jobs are a real possibility with a certification of completion or two-year or under degree.
The encouraged course, however, is to complete a four-year university diploma which will supply you with the diploma you need to not just obtain your first position, but also provide you with the qualifications to possibly move up in the organization as time goes on. Having said that, individuals that aspire to an advanced position in demanding national agencies such as the CIA, ATF, FBI or Secret Service may one day benefit by working towards a Master’s diploma.
What sort of jobs are available?
There is a vast spectrum of job alternatives at the local, national or state level. Normal occupation classifications include criminal investigators, private detectives, homeland security and customs specialists, corporate insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, prison authorities, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I have classes in?
Most training coursework will incorporate specific curriculum with general learning classes. Common professional class work will be in subjects such as criminal behavior, criminology strategies, criminal investigation, court systems, parole and probation, corrections procedures, constitutional and criminal law, public policy, juvenile justice, public safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go first?
Place your zip code in our criminal justice degree program search tool. This short list can get you started:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security