The criminal justice field can be a terrific career for the right person.
This website is constructed to link you with a couple of the top criminal justice degree courses around the country.
The Virginia colleges referred to on our site offer specialized training, certifications, associate or bachelor degrees in criminal or an area of criminology.
As you’re probably aware, the demand for certified individuals in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private security career fields is dramatically rising. Law enforcement personnel and other specialists are required at almost all levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I get started in this field?
There are quite a few ways you can prepare for your starting position. A number of local judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff jobs are a real possibility with a certification of completion or two-year or under degree.
The encouraged course, however, is to complete a four-year university diploma which will supply you with the diploma you need to not just obtain your first position, but also provide you with the qualifications to possibly move up in the organization as time goes on. Having said that, individuals that aspire to an advanced position in demanding national agencies such as the CIA, ATF, FBI or Secret Service may one day benefit by working towards a Master’s diploma.
What sort of jobs are available?
There is a vast spectrum of job alternatives at the local, national or state level. Normal occupation classifications include criminal investigators, private detectives, homeland security and customs specialists, corporate insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, prison authorities, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, police and state highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I have classes in?
Most training coursework will incorporate specific curriculum with general learning classes. Common professional class work will be in subjects such as criminal behavior, criminology strategies, criminal investigation, court systems, parole and probation, corrections procedures, constitutional and criminal law, public policy, juvenile justice, public safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go first?
Place your zip code in our criminal justice degree program search tool. This short list can get you started:
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice