Are you considering a career in the criminal justice field?
Our site is structured to link you to a couple of the leading criminal justice diploma courses around the state.
The Washington schools talked about on this website offer professional coursework, certificates, associate’s or bachelor’s degrees in criminal or criminology.
As you’re probably aware, the demand for well trained people in law enforcement, corrections, judicial, and private security career fields is significantly rising. Law enforcement personnel and other professionals are required at just about all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I break into this field?
There are more than a few ways you can prepare for your first position. Many state judicial, law enforcement, and administrative service staff jobs are obtainable with a certificate of achievement or associate’s degree.
The encouraged approach, however, is to acquire a four-year university diploma which will provide you with the degree you need to not just earn your initial position, but also give you the credentials to possibly get promoted within the organization as time goes by. With that being said, individuals who aspire to higher level positions in competitive federal agencies such as the FBI, ATF, CIA or Secret Service could ultimately benefit by earning a graduate diploma.
What type of job opportunities are likely?
You can find a considerable variety of job opportunities at the state or local level. Basic employment areas include criminal detectives, private detectives, border and customs specialists, insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison officers, crime scene specialists, sheriff’s deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What will I be studying?
The vast majority of career training coursework will blend professional training courses with general learning sessions. Ordinary specialty class work will be in subjects including criminal conduct, criminology methods, criminal investigation, American court systems, probation, corrections procedures, criminal law, public policy, juvenile justice, community safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Place your zip code in our training program research tool. Affordable schools you can check out:
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services