Criminal justice offers many different career paths. Maybe one is right for you?
This site is crafted to connect you with a few of the most affordable criminal justice degree programs around the state.
The West Virginia colleges noted on this site offer specialized training, certificates, associate or bachelor’s diplomas in criminal or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s need for well-trained individuals in law enforcement, corrections, judicial, and private protection career fields is dramatically growing. Law enforcement officers and other professionals are needed at all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get started in this career path?
There are a few ways to get trained for your starting job. A great number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff job positions are attainable with a program certificate of achievement or associate’s degree.
Possibly the most recommended course of action, however, could be to attain a bachelor’s degree which will supply you with the education you need to not only attain your initial professional position, but also supply you with the qualifications to possibly move up within the organization as time goes by. Having said that, people who aspire to a high level position in competitive federal agencies such as the FBI, ATF, CIA or Secret Service could one day benefit from completing a Master’s diploma.
What type of job positions are available?
You will discover a wide array of career opportunities at the national, state or local level. Basic employment descriptions include criminal detectives, private detectives, customs and homeland security specialists, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison officers, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Just about all career training courses will blend specialty curriculum with general learning sessions. Routine specialized class work will be in topics such as criminal tendencies, criminology systems, crime investigation, American court systems, probation and parole, corrections practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Put your zip code in our criminal justice education program research tool. Our list of affordable schools:
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Enhance your skills and prepare for a rewarding career in criminal justice. Apply to Grand Canyon University!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Become a legal expert and preserve a healthy community surrounded by safety, security and justice.
- Build legal-related skills in crime analysis, strategic planning and law enforcement to meet community demands.
- Help professionals in law enforcement address issues in public policy, social research and justice administration.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!