Criminal justice offers many different career paths. Maybe one is right for you?
This site is crafted to connect you with a few of the most affordable criminal justice degree programs around the state.
The West Virginia colleges noted on this site offer specialized training, certificates, associate or bachelor’s diplomas in criminal or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s need for well-trained individuals in law enforcement, corrections, judicial, and private protection career fields is dramatically growing. Law enforcement officers and other professionals are needed at all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get started in this career path?
There are a few ways to get trained for your starting job. A great number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff job positions are attainable with a program certificate of achievement or associate’s degree.
Possibly the most recommended course of action, however, could be to attain a bachelor’s degree which will supply you with the education you need to not only attain your initial professional position, but also supply you with the qualifications to possibly move up within the organization as time goes by. Having said that, people who aspire to a high level position in competitive federal agencies such as the FBI, ATF, CIA or Secret Service could one day benefit from completing a Master’s diploma.
What type of job positions are available?
You will discover a wide array of career opportunities at the national, state or local level. Basic employment descriptions include criminal detectives, private detectives, customs and homeland security specialists, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison officers, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Just about all career training courses will blend specialty curriculum with general learning sessions. Routine specialized class work will be in topics such as criminal tendencies, criminology systems, crime investigation, American court systems, probation and parole, corrections practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Put your zip code in our criminal justice education program research tool. Our list of affordable schools:
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...