Criminal justice offers many different career paths. Maybe one is right for you?
This site is crafted to connect you with a few of the most affordable criminal justice degree programs around the state.
The West Virginia colleges noted on this site offer specialized training, certificates, associate or bachelor’s diplomas in criminal or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s need for well-trained individuals in law enforcement, corrections, judicial, and private protection career fields is dramatically growing. Law enforcement officers and other professionals are needed at all levels — federal, state and local stage.
How do I get started in this career path?
There are a few ways to get trained for your starting job. A great number of state corrections, law enforcement, and administrative support staff job positions are attainable with a program certificate of achievement or associate’s degree.
Possibly the most recommended course of action, however, could be to attain a bachelor’s degree which will supply you with the education you need to not only attain your initial professional position, but also supply you with the qualifications to possibly move up within the organization as time goes by. Having said that, people who aspire to a high level position in competitive federal agencies such as the FBI, ATF, CIA or Secret Service could one day benefit from completing a Master’s diploma.
What type of job positions are available?
You will discover a wide array of career opportunities at the national, state or local level. Basic employment descriptions include criminal detectives, private detectives, customs and homeland security specialists, corporate insurance investigators, legal clerks, prison officers, crime scene researchers, sheriff’s deputies, police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Just about all career training courses will blend specialty curriculum with general learning sessions. Routine specialized class work will be in topics such as criminal tendencies, criminology systems, crime investigation, American court systems, probation and parole, corrections practices, basic constitutional law, public policy, juvenile justice, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go next?
Put your zip code in our criminal justice education program research tool. Our list of affordable schools:
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!