Thinking about getting started in the criminal justice field?
This website is built to link you with some of the top criminal justice degree programs in the nation.
The Wisconsin schools discussed on this website deliver specialty training, certifications, associate’s or bachelors diplomas in criminal or another legal or justice area.
As you’re likely aware, today’s demand for competent men and women in law enforcement, legal, corrections, and private protection career fields is significantly increasing. Law enforcement officers and various professionals are wanted at all levels — local, state and federal stage.
How do I get started in this field?
There are a handful of ways you can get trained for your starting job. Many state judicial, law enforcement, and administrative support staff job opportunities are possible with a program certificate of completion or associate’s diploma.
The encouraged plan, however, could be to acquire a bachelor’s degree which should give you the education you need to not only acquire your initial professional position, but also give you the qualifications to one day receive promotions within the organization as time goes by. That being said, people who aspire to higher level positions at elite federal agencies such as the FBI, Secret Service, ATF or CIA might eventually benefit from completing a graduate diploma.
What type of positions are likely?
You will find a big variety of career alternatives at the national level. Normal employment areas include police investigators, private investigators, homeland security and customs specialists, corporate insurance investigators, court clerks, corrections officers, crime scene analysts, local sheriff office deputies, city police and highway patrol officers, FBI, CIA, Secret Service and US Marshals.
What will I be studying?
Many educational coursework will bring together professional training courses with general learning sessions. Frequent specialty class work will be in subject areas including criminal conduct, criminology procedures, crime investigation, judicial systems, probation and parole, corrections procedures, basic constitutional law, juvenile law, public safety, victimology and ethics.
Where should I go now?
Place your zip code into our diploma program research tool. We have a list of affordable options:
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services