Thinking about starting a career as a criminal justice professional?
Our site is structured to connect you with some of the leading criminal justice training courses around the country.
The Wyoming institutions referred to on this site deliver customized coursework, certificates, associates or bachelor’s degrees in criminal or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s demand for prepared men and women in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private protection career fields is significantly rising. Law enforcement officers and agents are needed at all levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I enter into this line of work?
There are a couple of ways to train for your first job. A lot of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job positions are obtainable with a program certificate of achievement or two-year degree.
The most suggested direction, however, could be to complete a bachelor’s degree which can provide you with the training you need to not only receive your initial job, but also provide you with the qualifications to possibly receive promotions in the organization in the future. Having said that, people who aspire to advanced positions within very competitive federal agencies such as the FBI, Secret Service, ATF or CIA might ultimately benefit from completing a graduate degree.
What kind of positions are likely?
You will find a wide selection of career choices at the national or local level. Normal career groupings include police detectives, private investigators, border and customs agents, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections authorities, crime scene analysts, sheriff’s deputies, police and highway patrol officers, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I be studying?
A lot of academic courses will incorporate professional curriculum with general education courses. Typical specialty lessons will be in subject areas such as human conduct, criminology strategies, criminal investigations, American court systems, parole and probation, corrections practices, constitutional and criminal law, juvenile law, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go first?
Put your zip code into our criminal justice training program lookup tool. Look through this short list:
- Passionate about law and the justice system? Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Criminal Justice online from Grand Canyon University.
- GCU's Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Master of Science in Criminal Justice are designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn your criminal justice degree.
- If you are interested in growing your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning, consider earning a degree in criminal justice.
- Grand Canyon University prepares learners to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders by providing an academically challenging curriculum.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!