Thinking about starting a career as a criminal justice professional?
Our site is structured to connect you with some of the leading criminal justice training courses around the country.
The Wyoming institutions referred to on this site deliver customized coursework, certificates, associates or bachelor’s degrees in criminal or a justice or legal-related area.
As you’re most likely aware, today’s demand for prepared men and women in law enforcement, judicial, corrections, and private protection career fields is significantly rising. Law enforcement officers and agents are needed at all levels — federal, state and local level.
How do I enter into this line of work?
There are a couple of ways to train for your first job. A lot of local corrections, law enforcement, and administrative help and support staff job positions are obtainable with a program certificate of achievement or two-year degree.
The most suggested direction, however, could be to complete a bachelor’s degree which can provide you with the training you need to not only receive your initial job, but also provide you with the qualifications to possibly receive promotions in the organization in the future. Having said that, people who aspire to advanced positions within very competitive federal agencies such as the FBI, Secret Service, ATF or CIA might ultimately benefit from completing a graduate degree.
What kind of positions are likely?
You will find a wide selection of career choices at the national or local level. Normal career groupings include police detectives, private investigators, border and customs agents, insurance investigators, courtroom clerks, corrections authorities, crime scene analysts, sheriff’s deputies, police and highway patrol officers, CIA, Federal Marshals and Secret Service.
What will I be studying?
A lot of academic courses will incorporate professional curriculum with general education courses. Typical specialty lessons will be in subject areas such as human conduct, criminology strategies, criminal investigations, American court systems, parole and probation, corrections practices, constitutional and criminal law, juvenile law, public safety, and ethics.
Where should I go first?
Put your zip code into our criminal justice training program lookup tool. Look through this short list:
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Criminal Justice and Law Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements and Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!